The Jaú National Park is the largest freshwater forest park in the world. A UNESCO World Heritage Site with an abundance of wildlife and beautiful scenery, this area of the Amazon is still relatively unexplored by tourism. This seven-day Amazon family cruise itinerary offers the full Brazilian Amazon experience. You’ll explore Manaus, hike Jau’s paths, admire waterfalls, swim creeks, and visit riverside communities where you and your family can learn and make a difference. The trip concludes with a stay at a small, highly rated, luxurious eco-lodge. Read my review of this phenomenal Brazilian Amazon family adventure!
- Visit and interact with local communities
- Hike through the primary rainforest
- Fish for piranhas, spot caiman at night
- Support visited communities through local education and conservation projects
- Travel in a way that respects and benefits local people, culture, and environment