If you have ever found yourself traveling through a country that had low reliability with respect to the electrical grid or just wanted to travel with an even lighter carbon footprint, you may want to consider solar-powered travel gadgets.
Lately, there has been a sudden increase in solar-powered travel items introduced to consumers that are dependable, cost-effective and portable. With both powerful features and lower prices, some solar-powered travel gadgets to think about include:
- Solar backpacks and laptop bags that recharge lithium-ion batteries and electronics
- Solar water bottles/nightlights that allow for use as a water bottle, water-tight storage container, or as an LED lantern that provides up to 6-12 hours of light
- Solar portable power generators that provide an anywhere power solution
- Solar battery chargers that are portable, durable and efficient for iPods, MP3 players, PDA’s and other digital devices
The environmental benefits of using solar-powered products include:
- Less necessity for batteries, which are not recyclable
- Conservation of fossil fuels and energy for use in highly urbanized areas
- Reduction of air pollution due to less need for kerosene
- Offsetting of greenhouse gases
For more information, check Coolest Gadgets for reviews and information.