Vienna, VA, May 1, 2012 – Greenloons, which guides travelers to sustainable vacations, suggests five opportunities in the United States to experience eco-certified green travel this summer.
Irene Lane, Greenloons founder, is always on the lookout for exceptional ecotourism operators who can meet the demand for green travel estimated to be growing 5% annually worldwide. The following operators went through an extensive process of vetting and qualification before being added to Greenloons' list of distinctive travel experiences that include small-ship cruising in Alaska, to cycling through California wine country to adventures in three National Parks and stays in green accommodations.
· Alaska Discovery: (5 days, $2,200 per person) With a naturalist, guests explore Prince William Sound via a small ship, with sightings of sea otters, Dall's porpoise and whales. Opportunities abound for kayaking, hiking and photographing Barry Arm with its massive tidewater glaciers backed by mountains to 13,000 feet, as well as Harriman and College fjords and the serene waters of Eaglek Bay and Cascade Falls.
· Yellowstone Active Escape: (6 days, $1,999 per person) The active traveler will enjoy, among others, hiking in Yellowstone National Park, biking in Jackson Hole Valley, kayaking on Yellowstone Lake and hiking the upper Geyser Basin to Old Faithful. A wildlife float trip on the Snake River overlooking the Teton Mountain range precedes a bike tour of Grand Teton National Park.
· Yosemite & Monterey Active Escape: (6 days, $1,999 per person) The best of the San Francisco Bay Area and Yosemite National Park offers kayaking the Monterey Bay shoreline, biking 17-Mile Drive and hiking in Yosemite National Park.
· Bike the Napa Valley: (6 days, $1,999 per person) Biking is the best way to explore the wine country of California's Napa Valley. Included are wine tastings at family-owned and operated wineries in Coombsville and the biodynamic winery of Quivira Vineyards (with 200 solar panels on the roof).
· Canyonlands Active Escape: (6 days, $1,999 per person) Travelers from around the world are in awe of Arches National Park where hikes abound along with a cowboy dinner in Moab. Guests can go whitewater rafting on the Colorado River, explore Bryce Canyon National Park and have options for horseback riding, scenic flights and attending a rodeo.
Greenloons makes it easy to connect adults and families to meaningful and unique nature-based travel experiences all over the world. Because Greenloons only works with third-party eco-certified tour operators and sustainable tourism accommodation providers, the company provides a level of assurance to eco-conscious travelers that these small group vacations not only offer distinction and quality in pristine natural surroundings, but they have also been independently verified as emphasizing conservation education, respecting local cultural traditions and supporting local communities.