Crete Culinary Experience
Greece, 9 Days From $ 3,995 per person Themes
You'll participate in hands-on cooking classes using hyper-local ingredients, learn the secrets of traditional Cretan cuisine, share tastings at olive oil and wine producing vineyards, tour beehives and organic farms, stroll through local food markets, bear witness to thousands of years of history, and of course, be introduced to the best beaches and local restaurants of Crete. Each day will focus on a different aspect of the island's culture, history, and culinary tradition, and each evening will be spent in comfortable villa accommodations.
Flexible date(s). Please Contact Us.
History & Culture
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
Clients experience an immersive connection with local entrepreneurs and innovators and also learn about the problems and concerns of the locals, which especially today are 100% interconnected with the European or even universal problems and needs. This exchange of information and knowledge could lead to a deeper understanding of one's own and the visited culture. It could help travelers and locals alike to realize the global interaction between all aspects of our societies, like the economy, the food chain, energy or climate matters.
Specifically, the company provides opportunities for travelers to interact with local people and experience culture first hand through:
- Excursions to known, but also to non-touristic places
- Visits to distilleries, vineyards, olive oil presses, beekeepers, organic farms etc
- Mini-workshops on local cuisine and folk circular dances
- Lectures on the local customs, the famous Greek Mythology, the modern language and its connection to the ancient Greek language as well as its connection to other modern European languages
- Hands-on traditional healing applications of the local herbs
- Explaining to travelers which of their activities or consumer preferences might indirectly endanger animals or natural resources or contribute to the bad trade habits of the local businesses
- Facilitating communication of our values to both travelers and the local community, educating them in sustainable tourism practices
- Helping in keeping the local fair trade alive and strong, by bringing travelers to the source of the local production, where they can buy at fair prices and benefit the local producers directly
- Putting back into the communities and regions we visit by supporting aid, development and conservation projects in these areas like we do with ARCHELON, ALKIONI and other NGOs.
- Asking from our local partners (hotels, restaurants, tour guides) to become involved in sustainability and social responsibility and we explain to them the significance and importance of such a choice
- Offering a percentage of its annual profit to the NGO Archelon, the Sea Turtle Protection Society of Greece, so it can continue its valuable work.
Day 1 Arrival (D)
Check in at 3pm. If arriving at the airport before 12pm, then you'll have lunch at a tavern close to the villa. After settling in, there will be a welcome dinner at the villa.
Day 2 Beach & Cooking Class (B,L,D)
You'll spend the morning at Falassarna beach followed by lunch and an afternoon of relaxation at your villa. During the evening, you'll participate in a cooking class.
Day 3 Wild Herbs & Beekeeping (B,L,D)
Today, you'll visit a beekeeper and learn about the process of maintaining a balanced ecosystem for the bees. After a light lunch at his home, you'll return to the villa for an in-villa chef cooking demonstration.
Day 4 Free Day (B,D)
We'll provide you with a few touring options or you may choose to relax at your villa.
Day 5 Be an Eco Farmer For the Day (B,L,D)
Off to an eco-farm to learn how to make authentic Cretan dishes along with fresh bread and local cheese. Visit a nearby winery for a tour and tasting, before heading back to the farm for dinner.
Day 6 South Crete Beach Experience (B,L,D)
Today, we'll drive to the southern part of the island for a remote beach experience followed by a seafront tavern lunch. You'll have some free time before we head back to the villa for dinner.
Day 7 Pottery & Pastry (B,L,D)
After a free morning and early lunch in a local restuarant, we'll depart for a pottery and pastry tour in Chania. After some free time for shopping, we'll meet for dinner and live music.
Day 8 Monastery Guided Visit & Peninsula Drive (B,L,D)
This morning, we'll learn a bit about the Greek Orthodox religion followed by a scenic drive along the peninsula and lunch. We'll then return to the villa to relax before our last chef-led cooking demonstration at the villa, with live music.
Day 9 Departure (B)
Check out at 11:00am
- Airfare (we will meet at Chania Airport)
- Optional Activity on Day 4 (Free Day)
- Travel or medical insurance,
- immunizations, passports, or visa fees
- Baggage fees
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic beverages aside from wine tasting activity
- Guide gratuities
- All Noted Activities and Entrance Fees (Optional Activities on Day 4 will have a separate fee)
- Full Board Meals (alcoholic drinks are not included)
- Local Guides & Driver (including airport transfers)