Nature's Finest Costa Rica
Costa Rica, 7 Days From $1,675 per person Themes
For those who are short on time but long on adventure, this fast-paced tour has it all - guided ranch tour, Arenal Volcano, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, indigenous community visit, beach time and more!
Flexible date(s). Please Contact Us.
History & Culture
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
The company supports the following organizations:
- Pueblito Costa Rica: This organization is dedicated to providing a home to abandoned children. The place has several houses where children from 2-18 years old live with substitute mothers. In addition to donations, the company places international volunteers who support the institution with English classes, helping children with homework and school assignments and sports. The goal is to help the integral formation of children so when they have to leave Pueblito they can face the real world by themselves.
- Cartago Association of Senior Citizens (Ascate): This is a nonprofit Association of Social Well providing comprehensive care to the elderly population, in the form of a Day Center. With Ascate, the company places international volunteers to help in different areas, especially health.
- Network Partners for Climate Change (Green your trip): Each client receives a certificate of planting a tree.
- Network Vacaciones Campesinas. This organization organizes volunteer programs in the communities of northern Costa Rica.
- International Volunteering in Cartago. The company has partnered with the prestigious organization UBELONG, based in Washington DC in the United States and Lisbon, Portugal. Altogether we have developed projects for international volunteering. Among the objectives of international volunteering is supporting projects (NGOs) with fresh and new ideas, with volunteers who contribute their knowledge on issues of teaching English, caring for children and seniors. International volunteers live with local families of Cartago where they share the daily life and meals. This is the best way for the volunteers to understand the Costa Rican culture.
Day 1. Arrival to Costa Rica and travel to Arenal volcano
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be welcomed and begin your transfer north, in the direction of the northern plains, where the Arenal Volcano begins to crown. The rich land is covered with different plantations such as pineapple, cassava, bananas, and more.
During the 2.5 hour drive you will receive an introduction to Costa Rica and be given some recommendations for your trip. You are going to spend the next two days at an eco-ranch where you are going to learn about the sustainable practices that they are applying in the daily operations Overnight in the area of Arenal Volcano.
Day 2. Horseback ride and Sustainable Ranch guided tour
In the morning after the delicious breakfast, you will have a horseback ride to the lookout point. Depart on horseback from the stables and behold unforgettable views of over 60,000 hectares of rainforest.
From here you will see views of Lake Arenal, Arenal Volcano, Cerro Chato, Volcan Tenorio, Miravalles and Rincon de La Vieja. This is a great way to take in the Ranch. In the afternoon you are going to learn about this self-sufficient and sustainable ranch.
At night you are going to share a meal with a Costa Rican family. First you are going to cook with them and share a typical dinner. Overnight in the area of Arenal Volcano. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 3. Transfer to Sarapiqui
You will have the transfer to Sarapiqui, where you are going to experience the rainforest. You are going to stay at a special place called Pozo Azul. You will be all around nature, this lodge is great to get in touch with the forest. Overnight in the area of Sarapiqui.
Day 4. Whitewater rafting class II-III and transfer to South Caribbean
After breakfast, you are going to do one of the most popular activities in Costa Rica, whitewater rafting. You are going to challenge the rapids if the Sarapiqui river that has a class of II-III, which makes it perfect for families and beginners.
After this adventure, you are going to get ready for your next destination the south Caribbean, at Almonds and Corals, a boutique hotel nestled amongst the exuberant jungle of Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge.
Overnight in the area of South Caribbean.
Day 5. Indigenous community visit
This day in the tour you will visit the iguana farm and medicinal plant garden of Kekoldi indigenous reserve, where a small indigenous family dedicates itself to the reproduction of the Green Iguana, a species that was endangered and thanks to some initiatives like this one have been recovered. Then we will visit another indigenous family in the Bri-Bri indigenous reserve to enjoy a brief tour learning about the properties and uses of some plants also, over there they are going to show us the process how to make chocolate, which is very important in the Bri-
Then we will visit another indigenous family in the Bri-Bri indigenous reserve to enjoy a brief tour learning about the properties and uses of some plants also, over there they are going to show us the process how to make chocolate, which is very important in the Bri-bri culture because they use it in purification rituals, food and also medicine. The last place that we will is a waterfall where you can take a bath and enjoy a fruit snack. The tour will finish in a restaurant of the area where we take a Caribbean lunch. The afternoon will be free to enjoy the facilities of the hotel and the beach. Overnight in the area of South Caribbean.
Day 6. Transfer Manzanillo Caribbean to San Jose
Today you travel back to civilization, our representatives will take you to San Jose for the last night in the country. This afternoon you can explore the city and visit museums or historical buildings. Overnight in San Jose. Meals included: Breakfast.
Day 7. Departure Costa Rica
All good things come to an end! Say good-bye to the beautiful Costa Rica and its people. A driver will pick you up at the hotel and take you straight to the International Airport. In Costa Rica you must be at the airport 3 hours prior the departure time. Breakfast included.
- Optional tours
- Departure taxes ($29 per person)
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- 2 nights lodging in Arenal, 1-night lodging in Sarapiqui, 2 nights lodging in South Caribbean and 1-night lodging in San Jose
- Daily breakfast
- private airport transfers
- private transportation between destinations
- local guides for all activities
- hotel taxes