Scottish Highlands Safari
United Kingdom, 3 Days From $ 550 per person Themes
The Scottish Highlands, wild and rugged, have a timeless romantic quality. At their very heart, where the River Tummel flows to the Tay, sits the historic small town of Pitlochry, which will be your base for exploring wildlife, nature, culture and culinary delights.
Your castle in the Scottish Highlands is the epitome of Scottish Baronial splendor overlooking wooded parkland grounds and the town to the surrounding hills. By day, you will walk and cycle your way around the region and by night relax amongst these regal grounds.
Flexible date(s). Please Contact Us.
Hiking & Trekking
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
Atholl Palace helps to educate and train all staff on Green issues, including:
- Engaging and empowering them to create change
- Planning well with achievable goals in environmental best practice
- Green team members fully understanding their responsibilities and commit to creating a more sustainable hotel
- Raising awareness and encouraging guests to participate in green initiatives and actively promote green tourism
- Working towards zero landfill over the next few years by implementing recycling wherever possible
- Striving to become a carbon neutral hotel
- Supporting and using suppliers with good Environmental Policies
Day 1 - Pitlochry Arrival & Walking Journey
Make your way to the hotel and then embark on an introductory walking journey. Armed with a route map and nature notes, you will be transported to the high tops ready for a self guided journey back down. This is the ideal way to discover the beauty of the Highland Perthshire mountains and engage with nature. The views along the way are awe inspiring and there will be plenty of opportunity to discuss your walking route with your Safari Ranger before you set off. Depending on your needs and abilities, make sure you take the most from your experience in this stunning wilderness with a choice of routes:
- Meall Tairneachan Route - Suited for more experienced walkers, this route follows the track down from the Meall Tairneachan Ridge through heather moorland and past Loch Farleyer. (4-5 hours approx, minimum 4 people).
- Glassie Route - This easy route is through heather moorland, tree covered hills and past mountain Loch high above Aberfeldy, with many options to extend your walking adventure along the way (2-4 hours approx).
- Dull Forest Route - A great adventure as you follow an easy route back down forestry tracks. Great for younger families (2-3 hours approx).
Day 2 - Pitlochry Wilderness Safari
Travel from the valley floor to the high ridges by Land Rover to explore this stunning environment. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch and an easy paced wilderness walk. With your kilted Safari Ranger, climb aboard your Safari Land Rover and journey to the high tops through a land sculptured by the elements and steeped in history, culture, nature, and breathtaking views. Explore this stunning environment with an easy paced walk led by your Safari Ranger and engage with nature right on the roof of Scotland.
You may even be lucky enough to see the Majestic Red Deer, the Famous Grouse, the elusive Mountain Hare or the soaring Golden Eagle as you travel through forests, mountains and moors on private hill tracks. This Safari will inspire you with an insight into this magnificent natural wilderness and leave you with memories to last a lifetime. Included in the Mountain Safari Trek is a delicious Ghillies Picnic freshly prepared with homemade soup, filled roll, crisps, traybake, fruit, tea, coffee, and a dram of Dewars Whisky (if you'd prefer), surrounded on all sides by inspiring mountain views.
Day 3 - Pitlochry Cycling Safari
Armed with a route map and nature notes, you and your bike are transported to the high tops ready for a fun filled, self guided journey back down. Escape to the hills and enjoy Mountain Biking in Scotland without the effort of the uphill climb. Experience the exhilaration of cycling down the mountain tracks and forest roads - the perfect way to explore Highland Perthshire with minimal environmental impact and maximum fun. Depending on your needs, make sure you take the most from your experience in this stunning wilderness with a choice of routes:
- Glenlyon Route - 25 miles, mostly downhill ride on tarmac through Scotland's longest and most beautiful Glen (5-6 hours approx, minimum 4 people).
- Glassie Route - This easy route is through heather moorland, tree covered hills and past mountain Loch high above Aberfeldy, with many options to extend your biking adventure along the way (2-3 hours approx).
- Drummond Hill - An amazing, medium grade biking adventure on forest tracks with views of Loch Tay and into Glen Lyon (2-3 hours approx).
- Dull Forest - The perfect biking adventure for those with younger bikers in your group, discover beautiful views down to Loch Tay and the Tay Valley (2-3 hours approx).
Other safari activities are available including guided mountain jeep safaris, forest safaris, cycle safaris, walking safaris and off road driving.
- Accommodation at Atholl Palace in twin/double room
- Scottish Breakfasts
- Picnic Lunch on Day 2
- Bicycle Hire; top quality mountain bikes will be provided and is available in a range of sizes for all ages
Single Supplement Fee
From $75 depending on activities selected.