Cusco Active Family Fun
Peru, 6 Days Price upon Request Themes
This action-packed trip combines river rafting, biking and hiking excursions with plenty of downtime for families to immerse themselves in cultural experiences.
Flexible date(s). Please Contact Us.
History & Culture
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
- Company considers environmental management as a priority, committing to comply with existing environmental legislation.
- Company minimizes the negative impacts -solid waste generation, fire hazards, water pollution, wildlife disturbance- caused by our activities.
- Company promotes the positive impacts -environmental and social- of our operations and services to avoid possible negative effects on our workers, visitors, suppliers, local populations and the natural environment.
- Company rationally utilizes tourist areas and natural resources avoiding their unnecessary use and minimizing the negative impacts that can be caused on the Modus Vivendi of local populations as well as landscapes (flora and fauna).
- Company opts, where possible, to hire local staff and suppliers as well as to purchase local products that are environmentally friendly for our operations.
- Company promotes pro-active participation and training of workers, visitors and suppliers in our Environmental Management System, getting them involved and committed to abide by its objectives and goals for continual improvement.
Day 1 CUSCO
Upon arrival to Cusco airport you will be met by our personnel and transferred to a hotel. The rest of the morning at leisure to acclimatize, lunch on your own. Afternoon tour of the city and nearby ruins of Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Tambomachay and visit the main sites in the city – Inca temples and colonial churches. Overnight at hotel, dinner on your own. B
Day 2 F/D RIVER RAFTING
Leaving early we will be taken to our put-in point in Southern Cusco. There are 2 options, for Adventurous rafters you can take the Chuquicahuana rafting with class 3 and 4 rapids; for families you can take the Piñipampa class 2 and 3 fun rapids- a safety and familiarization briefing will be followed by a float on chosen section of the river. Picnic Lunch will be provided, drive towards the Sacred Valley for overnight. Depending on arrival time and energy, optional activities in the sacred valley surroundings can be provided. Dinner on your own. (River: 3 hours. Tours: 3 hours.) B/PL
Day 3 F/D BIKE MARAS/MORAY
Pick up from your hotel in private vehicle for a 40 minute ride to the point of Cruzpata, where we start our bike ride. Passing the lagoon of Huaypo we´ll arrive at the Archaeological Park of Moray, an Inca agricultural laboratory where we´ll enjoy the beauty of nature and archaeology. This part of the tour is very attractive because of its permanent ups and downs. Continuing our trip we arrive at Maras where a tasty picnic will be waiting for us. Afterwards a 1 hour downhill ride lets us feel the peace of the Andean countryside. So enjoy your freedom. After this great lunch, go on riding to the terraces of salt below Maras and then again a downhill of 40 minutes approx. Continue to the Sacred Valley (Pichingoto, Tarabamba), where we end our bike tour and be transferred back to your hotel. B/BL
Day 4 CUSCO / KM. 104 / CHACHABAMBA / WIÑAY WAYNA / MACHU PICCHU
Leaving your hotel, transfer to the olllanta train station to board on the early train, downstream along the Urubamba river in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. As the Valley becomes a canyon the cloud forest begins to appear with a marked vegetation change as we reach the Machu Picchu Sanctuary. Getting off the train, we cross a hanging bridge at km. 104 to the Chachabamba site, and after a brief visit begins a three hour ascent to the ruins of Wiñay Wayna, an important spiritual site. The Inca Trail cuts across the ridge above Machu Picchu to finally reach Intipunku the door of the sun from where the trail winds downhill. The classic vista into the lost citadel located right above the Urubamba River will be a unique experience; it is the most exquisite way to see Machu Picchu for the first time. Overnight at a Hotel in Machu Picchu Village. Dinner on your own. B/BL
Day 5 MACHU PICCHU / CUSCO
After an early breakfast visit the citadel and surrounding complexes. You have the opportunity for an in depth tour of this world renowned site before returning to Cusco, giving you a chance to see the spectacular views without other tourists in your pictures. Optional hike up to the top of Wayna Picchu. Lunch included. Return by train to Cusco (or the Sacred Valley). Dinner not included. B/L
Day 6 CUSCO/OUT
Transfer to the Cusco airport to board ongoing flight. B
Meals in the main cities, alcoholic beverages, extras, taxes, tips, laundry services, additional tours, insurance and airline tickets.
Hotels with breakfast, tours where included, entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites, transportation, transfers on arrival and departure and lunches during full day tours as well as official guides in the main sites.
Short Inca Trail Hiking: Transfers to and from train station. Transportation by train to start of hike and return to Cusco. Bilingual guide, picnic lunch. Inca Trail entrances.