Culture & Heritage Adventure
Nicaragua, 8 Days From $ 1,610 per person Themes
Eco Wildlife & Nature
If you are looking for the highlights of Nicaragua in a short time, then this tour is perfect to truly experience a taste of Nicaragua's most fascinating cultural, adventure and natural heritage sites.
This unique history and culture tour connects you with the people of Nicaragua. You'll delve into its vibrant culture as well as its turbulent and fascinating history. We visit Nicaragua's greatest cultural and historical sites starting with the colonial city of Leon onto the enchanted island of Ometepe before ending in Granada with all the great sites in between. We have taken special care to chose the best hotels on offer at each location, ensuring you a comfortable journey throughout.
Flexible date(s). Please Contact Us.
Hiking & Trekking
History & Culture
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
The tour operator's mission is to take people on epic, unique and inspirational tours and expeditions to Nicaragua's most beautiful and untouched regions. A key part of the mission is to base all the operations on the key principles of sustainable tourism. Taking this further, they are implementing a tourism framework that empowers present and future generations to conserve Nicaragua's precious natural and cultural heritage. The vision is to create unique tours and expeditions in Nicaragua that are exciting and connect people firsthand with the diverse natural environment and rich culture of Nicaragua. The tours and expeditions are guided by knowledgeable local Nicaraguan guides that are charismatic, experienced and professional. Building on the drive towards sustainability and excellent customer service, the vision is also to implement and support: local guide training programs, environmental education projects, a reforestation project, forest conservation project and small-scale local conservation projects in the region, and in cooperation with likeminded partners.
- To create a tourism network where multi-dimensional benefits are seen by Nicaragua, this means economic, cultural, environmental and social benefits.
- To offer tours and expeditions that are guided by the best and most experienced guides available.
- Through our tours and expeditions people will be taken on epic and unique adventures to Nicaraguaâ€™s most spectacular and remote locations. This is and will continue to be the key theme of green pathways.
- To demonstrate and inspire sound environmental stewardship based on their Responsible Travel Guidebook and Responsible Travel Policy.
- To ensure all our guides are fully trained in good customer service and safety and consistently apply them during tours.
- To ensure our guides all provide high quality, up to date relavent information on environmental, social and economic responsibility related to Nicaragua and its people.
- To annually build upon and expand theResponsible Travel Guidebook and Responsible Travel Policy.
- From 2013 onwards, to annually have clear and transparent results from reforestation, forest conservation and local conservation programs that they are supporting.
- To implement at least three capacity building programs per year for all staff.
- To annually increase the number of tours, expeditions and services offered and to ensure that they are consistently striving to improve on every aspect of their work.
- To annually increase the number of participants on their trips to Nicaragua, thus increasing the benefits brought to Nicaragua.
- Fun. Life is fun and should always be fun no matter what! They are dedicated to enjoyment and they welcome you to come and join them.
Day 1 - Leon
A guide will meet you at the Managua Airport and transfer you to the colonial city of Leon, which was once known as the capital of the revolution. We'll have a welcome dinner and the evening will be spent in Hotel El Convento.
Day 2 - Leon
A day of adventure, nature and culture! The morning will be spent hiking Nicaraguan's youngest volcano Cerro Negro where here you can choose to join in on Central America's newest adventure sport - volcano boarding! Board down the active volcanoe at speeds of up to 50 mph. Onwards to the crater lagoon of Asososca. This enchanted lagoon sits within 3 volcanoes. Perfect for swimming and a picnic lunch. Then, for some culture at the ruins of old Leon, the first captial of Nicaragua. On the route back to Leon, we'll pass by the town of La Paz Centro, which is famous for its 'Quesillos' a typical Nicaraguan snack. The evening will be spent in Hotel El Convento. A waiver form will have to be signed before participating in volcano boarding. Transport will be 1 hour drive to volcano, 45 min. hike up Cerro Negro, 30 min drive to the lagoon, 20 min. hike to/from the lagoon. The difficulty level is easy to medium.
Day 3 - Salinas Grandes
Heading south of Leon today to the small fishing village of Salinas Grandes, we spend the day surfing with some of the best surf guides in Nicaragua. They are sure to get you up and in the waves within a couple of hours. If you are already a capable surfer, they will be with you at all times advising you of the best waves to take. The afternoon will be spent relaxing in a hammock, stretching to some yoga and enjoying a fresh fish dinenr before a bonfire on the beach. The night will be spent with Rise Up Surf Camp. Transport will ber a 45 min drive from Leon to Surf Camp with 30 min of it on a dirt track. All food and drinks are included, as are surf boards and rash boards. You will need to let us know of any special dietary requirements before the trip.
Day 4 - Salinas Grandes
Another morning of surfing before taking the boat into the mangrove forests of Isla Jan Venado, which is home to hundreds of species of birds as well as other wildlife and crocodiles. With the sunset behind us, we head back for our last night at the camp. The night will be spend in Rise Up Surf Camp. All food and drinks included. Transport includes a 3 hour boat ride through the mangrove forests.
Day 5 - Ometepe Island
Now moving on to Ometepe Island, this twin volcano island sits in the middle of Lake Nicaragua. The mystical island was formed by two volcanoes that are now covered in a cloud forest. The evening will be spent at Totoco Eco Lodge. Transport will be a 3 hour drive to San Jorge in Rivas, 1 hour ferry ride over to Ometepe Island and a 45 minute drive to the lodge once on the island. In the afternoon, there will be a walk around the property to detail the natural wonders of the area.
Day 6 - Ometepe Island
A full day of hiking either on the volcanoe Concepcion or to the waterfalls of San Ramon where you'll take in the nature, monkeys and other exciting wildlife of the area. The evening will be spent at Totoco Eco Lodge. The level of hiking and activities depends on your preferences. If you are looking for an all day hike, then we can visit the view point of Volcanoe Maderas and the waterfalls of San Ramons and Agua Frescas.
Day 7 - Granada
Back to the Mainland and onward to the small pottery towns of Pueblos Blancos, where you'll try your hand at making some of the local products. Onwards to Granada for our final evening in this beautiful colonial city of Granada. The evening will be spend at Hotel con Corazon. Transport will consist of a 45 minute drive to the ferry port followed by a 1 hour ferry ride and a 2 hour drive to Los Pueblos Blancos and then a further 30 minute drive to Granada. Farewell dinner is included.
Day 8 - Transfer to Managua
Transfer to Managua airport for departing flight
- All Accommodation
- All Transport
- All breakfasts
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All meals while at Rise Up Surf Camp
- All activities
- Bi-lingual professional guide
Single Supplement Fee
$ 190 per person
Not as good for:
On 14 Jan 2016, Krisna wrote: