Surf & Dive Adventure
Nicaragua, 8 Days From $ 1,650 per person Themes
Get ready for adventure! If you are a PADI certified diver or avid snorkeler and surfer, this is the experience for you!
This adventure takes thrills to another level! Flying over to the small Caribbean island of Little Corn to dive in crystal clear waters bursting with vibrant aquatic life. Along with soaking up the relaxed Caribbean culture. Then, surfing uncrowded waves in the Pacific, boarding down the side of an active volcano, and partying in the colonial city of Granada.
Best time of year to take this trip is from December through April.
Hiking & Trekking
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
The tour operator's mission is to take people on epic, unique and inspirational tours and expeditions to Nicaragua's most beautiful and untouched regions. A key part of the mission is to base all the operations on the key principles of sustainable tourism. Taking this further, they are implementing a tourism framework that empowers present and future generations to conserve Nicaragua's precious natural and cultural heritage. The vision is to create unique tours and expeditions in Nicaragua that are exciting and connect people firsthand with the diverse natural environment and rich culture of Nicaragua. The tours and expeditions are guided by knowledgeable local Nicaraguan guides that are charismatic, experienced and professional. Building on the drive towards sustainability and excellent customer service, the vision is also to implement and support: local guide training programs, environmental education projects, a reforestation project, forest conservation project and small-scale local conservation projects in the region, and in cooperation with likeminded partners.
- To create a tourism network where multi-dimensional benefits are seen by Nicaragua, this means economic, cultural, environmental and social benefits.
- To offer tours and expeditions that are guided by the best and most experienced guides available.
- Through our tours and expeditions people will be taken on epic and unique adventures to Nicaraguaâ€™s most spectacular and remote locations. This is and will continue to be the key theme of green pathways.
- To demonstrate and inspire sound environmental stewardship based on their Responsible Travel Guidebook and Responsible Travel Policy.
- To ensure all our guides are fully trained in good customer service and safety and consistently apply them during tours.
- To ensure our guides all provide high quality, up to date relavent information on environmental, social and economic responsibility related to Nicaragua and its people.
- To annually build upon and expand theResponsible Travel Guidebook and Responsible Travel Policy.
- From 2013 onwards, to annually have clear and transparent results from reforestation, forest conservation and local conservation programs that they are supporting.
- To implement at least three capacity building programs per year for all staff.
- To annually increase the number of tours, expeditions and services offered and to ensure that they are consistently striving to improve on every aspect of their work.
- To annually increase the number of participants on their trips to Nicaragua, thus increasing the benefits brought to Nicaragua.
- Fun. Life is fun and should always be fun no matter what! They are dedicated to enjoyment and they welcome you to come and join them.
Day 1 - Managua
A guide will meet you at the Managua Airport and transfer you to Casa Naranja.
Day 2 - Little Corn Island
After breakfast, you will take a morning domestic flight to Big Corn Island and then transfer to Little Corn Island by local boat. You'll have the afternoon to relax on this beautiful Caribbean Island with its white sands, clear turquoise waters and green reggae vibes. The evening will be spent in Casa Iguana or Little Corn Bungalows. Transport will consist of a 1.5 hour flight from Managua to Big Corn Island, then a 45 min boat ride to Little Corn Island followed by a 10 min walk to the hotel. There are no vehicles on the island, so helpers will be waiting at the dock to help carry all bags. Evening meal is included.
Day 3 - Little Corn Island
Today, you will have a full day of diving or snorkeling. For diving, you will need to provide your PADI certified card and log book that proves the date of your last dive. If you do not have PADI certification, then we'll take the same boat, but only for snorkelling. The evening will be spent at Casa Iguana or Little Corn Bungalows.
Day 4 - Little Corn Island
You will have the morning to do another dive or to snorkel and the afternoon to explore the island as we will have to have a 24 hour break between diving and your domestic flight the following day, so the afternoon will be free to relax or to explore the island by foot. The evening will be spent at Casa Iguana or Little Corn Bungalows.
Day 5 - Salinas Grandes
You'll take the morning boat to Big Corn Island followed by a return flight to Managua where you will then be transfered to the Northern Pacific Coast and the small fishing village of Salinas Grandes. The evening will be spent at Rise Up Surf Camp and while at the camp, all food and drinks are included
Day 6 - Salinas Grandes
You will have a full morning of surfing with some of the best surf guides in Nicaragua. They are sure to get you up and in the waves within a couple of hours. If you are already a capable surfer, they will be with you at all times advising you of the best waves to take. The afternoon will be spent by boat in the mangrove forests of Isla Jan Venado looking for wildlife and crocodiles. With the sunset behind you, we head back to camp for a fresh fish dinner and bonfire on the beach. The evening will be spent with Rise Up Surf Camp. All rash guards and boards are provided and instructors are on hand at all times. Group and private yoga classes are also available at any time of the day.
Day 7 - Leon
An afternoon of adrenalin is to be had! We depart the camp for the colonial city of Leon and the hottest sport in Central America, volcano boarding! Hiking the youngest volcano in Nicaragua and then boarding down at speeds of 50 mph. Then, back to Leon for some mojitos and live music! The evening will be spent in Hotel El Convento. A waiver form needs to be signed before taking part in volcano boarding.
Day 8 - Transfer
Transfer to Managua airport for departing flight
- All Accommodation
- All Transport and domestic flights
- All breakfasts
- Welcome and farewell meal
- All meals and beverages while at Rise Up Surf Camp
- All activities
- A Bi-lingual guide
Single Supplement Fee
$ 175 per person.
Seasonal Pricing Information
Please contact us for alternate pricing and if your group consists of more than 4 people.