Nicaragua Romantic Escape
Nicaragua, 8 Days From $ 2,900 per person Themes
Eco Wildlife & Nature
Fall in love all over again on a secluded island and in the rainforest. You'll stay at luxury eco lodges with backdrops of sun-soaked beaches and pristine, untouched wilderness.
Enjoy the best of Nicaragua without any hassles. Your personal escort will have you discover the hidden gems of Granada, Lake Nicaragua and the Rainforest. With plenty of time to take part in eco-adventures or just unwind and relax, your only worry will be what to wear for your candlelight dinners.
Flexible date(s). Please Contact Us.
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
The tour operator's mission is to take people on epic, unique and inspirational tours and expeditions to Nicaragua's most beautiful and untouched regions. A key part of the mission is to base all the operations on the key principles of sustainable tourism. Taking this further, they are implementing a tourism framework that empowers present and future generations to conserve Nicaragua's precious natural and cultural heritage. The vision is to create unique tours and expeditions in Nicaragua that are exciting and connect people firsthand with the diverse natural environment and rich culture of Nicaragua. The tours and expeditions are guided by knowledgeable local Nicaraguan guides that are charismatic, experienced and professional. Building on the drive towards sustainability and excellent customer service, the vision is also to implement and support: local guide training programs, environmental education projects, a reforestation project, forest conservation project and small-scale local conservation projects in the region, and in cooperation with likeminded partners.
- To create a tourism network where multi-dimensional benefits are seen by Nicaragua, this means economic, cultural, environmental and social benefits.
- To offer tours and expeditions that are guided by the best and most experienced guides available.
- Through our tours and expeditions people will be taken on epic and unique adventures to Nicaraguaâ€™s most spectacular and remote locations. This is and will continue to be the key theme of green pathways.
- To demonstrate and inspire sound environmental stewardship based on their Responsible Travel Guidebook and Responsible Travel Policy.
- To ensure all our guides are fully trained in good customer service and safety and consistently apply them during tours.
- To ensure our guides all provide high quality, up to date relavent information on environmental, social and economic responsibility related to Nicaragua and its people.
- To annually build upon and expand theResponsible Travel Guidebook and Responsible Travel Policy.
- From 2013 onwards, to annually have clear and transparent results from reforestation, forest conservation and local conservation programs that they are supporting.
- To implement at least three capacity building programs per year for all staff.
- To annually increase the number of tours, expeditions and services offered and to ensure that they are consistently striving to improve on every aspect of their work.
- To annually increase the number of participants on their trips to Nicaragua, thus increasing the benefits brought to Nicaragua.
- Fun. Life is fun and should always be fun no matter what! They are dedicated to enjoyment and they welcome you to come and join them.
Day 1 - Granada
A guide will meet you at the Managua Airport and transfer you to your hotel in Granada. The evening will be spent in Hotel Plaza Colon. This evening can be spent meandering around the plaza of Granada or sitting on the terrace overlooking the plaza in the most prestigous hotel in Granada.
Day 2 - Granada
The morning will be spent exploring the colonial city of Granada. You'll learn how to roll cigars and make chocolate - two relatively unknown delicacies of the country. Then, they'll be an afternoon boat ride on Lake Nicaragua to the beautiful Jicaro Lodge. This luxury nature eco resort sits on a private island in Lake Nicaragua. Spend the evening relaxing or getting a massage to truly unwind. The morning city tour will be on foot and a romantic candlelight dinner with a bottle of wine is included today.
Day 3 - Lake Nicaragua
Today will be a full day on the island to spend as you would like. You can go on an afternoon kayak around the isletas, go bird watching or truly unwind on this secluded relaxing island. The evening will be spent at Jicaro Lodge and all meals are included on this day.
Day 4 - Rainforest Eco Lodge
After a leisurely morning and lunch, we'll depart the island to go back to Granada and then continue on to the luxury eco lodge Morgans Rock. All meals are included.
Day 5 & 6 - Rainforest Eco Lodge
Immerse yourself in the tropical rainforest on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. These luxury lodges really are a touch of paradise. All opening to a view of the ocean. You'll explore the surrounding forests bursting with wildlife, birds, and monkeys. You'll swim in the secluded bay, horseback ride along the beach and have two days to relax, unwind and fall in love all over again. These two evenings will be spent at Morgans Rock Eco Lodge. All meals and drinks are included and the activities included are horseback riding, kayaking estuary tour, breakfast at the farm, and a romantic champagne dinner.
Day 7 - Managua
The final day to really enjoy this Nicaraguan paradise. After lunch, we'll transfer to Managua. The evening will be spent at Hotel Casa Naranja and all meals are included on this day.
Day 8 - Transfer
Transfer to Managua airport for departing flight
- All Accommodation
- All Transport
- All breakfasts
- All meals mentioned in the itinerary
- All activities