Maasai Conservation Safari
Kenya, 8 Days From $ 5,250 per person Themes
Eco Wildlife & Nature
The 'Camp of the Hidden Treasure' is a community project with the local Maasai on their Group Ranch of 400 square miles. The land includes a number of different environments including the grasslands of the savannah, green river woodlands, cool mountain forests and the volcanic Chyulu Hills. The Green Hills of Africa, made famous by Ernest Hemingway, flank the property as well. If you are searching for the African Safari of your dreams, you need look no further.
The Chyulu Hills are one of the most iconic landscapes on the continent. With wildlife roaming in abundance, massive granite outcroppings rising over rivers and lava flows that cut across the plains and a deep and mysterious cloud forest on the crest of the green hills, this landscape is truly one of the great wilderness experiences anywhere. A visit here might even surpass what's in your imagination as you will not find a comparable experience in the typical "tourist loop" that so many people end up trapped in. Come to escape the ordinary, avoid the crowds and feel that rare magic of an authentic encounter with a place and a culture.
This award-winning, boutique eco-lodge sets a new standard for the experience of true luxury that is also truly ecologically low-impact. In partnership with the Maasai community of Kuku Group Ranch, it sets out to prove that you can have the romance of the great safaris of earlier days, the comfort, service and fine dining of a top hotel - and all without damaging the very environment you've come to immerse yourself in. And best of all through your visit, you will be supporting the preservation of this ecosystem and sustainable economic benefit for the local community.
Flexible date(s). Please Contact Us.
Hiking & Trekking
Why Authentic Ecotourism?
Community operated and managed sustainable lodge built to fund a wildlife conservation trust.
Full board accommodation, bottled water, wines, beers, and soft drinks.
- Scenic flights with champagne breakfast: Fly near Mt. Kilimanjaro, or over Tsavo, or over the Chyulu. In the early morning the air is smooth and stable, Kilimanjaro is wrapped in a pink blanket of sunrise light. Unforgettable! Enjoy a champagne breakfast in the bush on return.
- Andrew Rogers Rhythms of Life flight excursion: Andrew Rogers is an Australian artist who has cover all continents with his artwork, visible from space. At Campi ya Kanzi he has erected three sculptures, with the help of 1,200 Maasai: a shield, a lion footprint, and his signature, the Rhythm of Life. We fly over the sculptures and enjoy a champagne sundowner on return
- Tsavo NP excursion: Tsavo is the biggest National Park in Kenya (8,000 sq. miles, 20,000 sq. km). We explore it for one day, visiting Mzima spring, a beautiful oasis of life, with crocodiles, hippos, fishes, monkeys, and birds.
- Amboseli NP excursion: Amboseli is famous for its elephants. We fly early morning and we spend a day exploring it.
- Champagne horse-back riding: Riding in the wilderness is a fantastic experience which allows close encounters with giraffes, zebras, antilopes. We ride in the morning or in the late afternoon, enjoying a champagne breakfast or sundowner in the bush after the ride. This activity is reserved to expert riders.
- AH2Fly camping: Experience the early days safari atmosphere, by spending a night in a fly camp: tents are small, with a safari cot, showers are from a bucket hung on a tree. Very special.
- Cave dinner: The Chyulu hills are very young, created by volcanic activity. We offer a very scenic dinner in a spectacular cave, which can be reached with a game drive or a game walk.
All rates are exclusive of spirits, champagne, all flights, optional excursions to National Parks, fly camping, tips.
All rates are inclusive of: full board accommodation, bottled water, wines, beers, soft drinks, all safari activities (game drives in open Land Rover,escorted game walks, cloud forest walks, bush breakfast/picnic/dinner, Maasai cultural villages visits, bird watching, visit the Trust programs), laundry, airstrip transfers.
Single Supplement Fee
$150 per night for single occupancy in luxury tented cottage or $250 per night for single occupancy in suite.
Seasonal Pricing Information
There are special discounts for children
- the children's rate is 50% of the adult rate for anybody between 6 and 16 years old
- there is free accommodation to any child 5 years old and below.
- Campi ya Kanzi has an amazing Maasai kid program and they will make sure that families with kids do not interfere with the safari of guests without children.
Other Necessary Information
Charter Flight from Nairobi to Campi ya Kanzi is not included in the above pricing. Contact us for schedule and rate information.
In addition, whichever accommodation you choose, there is a $100 per person ($50 per child below 12 years old), per day conservation fee. This money is paid to Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust to help the Maasai community and to preserve their wildlife heritage.
On 1 Oct 2012, Louise D. wrote:
On 13 May 2012, Filippo C. wrote: